It always gets to this time of year when the cucumbers are in full production and I am producing more than I can eat in the usual manner with lettuce and tomato! (classic English boring salad). One of my favourite ways to vary the use is to make a simple and quick Cucumber Salsa to use as a side dish.
If you are looking for a quick, fresh and delicious salsa, then this is just for you.
Prep Time: – 5 minutes
Servings: – 2
- 1 Small cucumber cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large tomato quartered and seeded
- 1 Chilli, seeds removed (optional – replace with Bell Pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 Shallots finely diced
- 2 tablespoons corriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until evenly chopped.
- If you do not own a food processor or you prefer, you can chop by hand
- Place in a bowl and serve
- Add additional lime juice or salt to taste.
Cucumber Socrates https://amzn.to/3RthmV7